Historic Renovation, Congleton

Description:


Located within the small town of Astbury, this grade II listed building faces a £3 million renovation and extension. This old rectory building once served the purpose of providing the evacuated children from Manchester a home during the World War II from 1939-45.

During 1946-47 the Rectory was divided to form two dwellings known as the ‘Rectory House’ to the west and ‘The Rectory’ to the east. The renovations set out will transform the historic building back to its original state featuring a new grand staircase, providing access to the first floor, and a curved corridor connection the two wings of the building together.


The new extension will bring a modern touch to the historic architecture of the Rectory. An addition of a 12m swimming pool and a dining room with unobstructed views will accommodate the extension whilst also providing a direct link from the east wing t the west.   




Current Stage:


> Pre-planning


> Planning


> Building Regulations


> Detailed Design


> Construction


> Completion

Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description
Image description